22 November 2004

Confirmation of delay in e-mail to blogger -- how many days does it take to have a text e-mail message appear as a blog entry?

Problem:

Delay in having e-mails posted to blogger

Desired Notification on Blogger

Would be nice if Blogger [Google source] posted the information: "This is how long we expect your e-mail to appear in blogger"...wow, and have this updated real-time with an RSS stream on the google-blogger site. [This posted on Blogger, as opposed to requiring independent research through Feedster-RSS.]

Ping option: BLogger has the e-mail addresses of people. Google-blogger could easily send an e-mail notification to all "who request it" if they want an update of "how much time" does it take right now to ahve a message appear?

References

Ref Ref Ref

1. This is not an isolated problem

I'm not the only one who is having problems getting the "e-mail to blog" to timely post. Ref

2. Poor: The ease in finding out the nature of the problem

Not happy have to look this [that there are delays-backlogs with the Google e-mail to Blog] up through the Feedster.

3. New information

Edwin's got it right: The delay defeats the advantages. Then again, if I were in the middle of nowhere and had a valid "e-mail to blog" option, it's better than nothing.

Kind of misses the point when using Text-messages to blog; as "the ideas I've generated" get caught up in the middle. The idea for blogging [for me] is to capture a thought while it's happening, then give me the chance to review it when I want to ... and build off it.

Sure, blogger can say, "we never said how long it would take." That's the point: If the posts aren't timely, doesn't make much sense to "hurry up and use my Text to post"...I could write it down on a piece of paper, directly enter it later.

4. Desired: Better information on the time delay

I don't care "how long it takes" -- it would be nice to know approximately how many days I'll have to wait to have my "IM/test/e-mail to blog" messages to post.
Would be nice if Blogger [Google source] posted the information: "This is how long we expect your e-mail to appear in blogger"...wow, and have this updated real-time with an RSS stream on the google-blogger site.
Problem:

Delay in having e-mails posted to blogger

Desired Notification on Blogger

Would be nice if Blogger [Google source] posted the information: "This is how long we expect your e-mail to appear in blogger"...wow, and have this updated real-time with an RSS stream on the google-blogger site. [This posted on Blogger, as opposed to requiring independent research through Feedster-RSS.]

Ping option: BLogger has the e-mail addresses of people. Google-blogger could easily send an e-mail notification to all "who request it" if they want an update of "how much time" does it take right now to ahve a message appear?

References

Ref Ref Ref

1. This is not an isolated problem

I'm not the only one who is having problems getting the "e-mail to blog" to timely post. Ref

2. Poor: The ease in finding out the nature of the problem

Not happy have to look this [that there are delays-backlogs with the Google e-mail to Blog] up through the Feedster.

3. New information

Edwin's got it right: The delay defeats the advantages. Then again, if I were in the middle of nowhere and had a valid "e-mail to blog" option, it's better than nothing.

Kind of misses the point when using Text-messages to blog; as "the ideas I've generated" get caught up in the middle. The idea for blogging [for me] is to capture a thought while it's happening, then give me the chance to review it when I want to ... and build off it.

Sure, blogger can say, "we never said how long it would take." That's the point: If the posts aren't timely, doesn't make much sense to "hurry up and use my Text to post"...I could write it down on a piece of paper, directly enter it later.

4. Desired: Better information on the time delay

I don't care "how long it takes" -- it would be nice to know approximately how many days I'll have to wait to have my "IM/test/e-mail to blog" messages to post.
Would be nice if Blogger [Google source] posted the information: "This is how long we expect your e-mail to appear in blogger"...wow, and have this updated real-time with an RSS stream on the google-blogger site.
" />