28 November 2004

Yahoo Instant Messenger: So how do I find the RSS-feeds I've added to MyYahoo in my Instant Messenger desktop tool

Add to My Yahoo

You'd think that if you typed in "RSS" to Yahoo, you migth come up with something like, "Add to My Yahoo."

MudTest is happy to report, despite the "great work on the Add My Yahoo Button" and the excellent ability to add RSS-feeds to MyYahoo, we find nothing on the Yahoo search tool related to RSS feeds and MyYahoo.

Discussion

Let us carefully review the tips. Does it say anywhere that "RSS" is outside the capabilites?

Ref
We think you may have asked about a Yahoo! ID. Please try your search at one of the following:
Yahoo! Search
Yahoo! Member Directory


Notice on the right hand side of the RSS-related question [When you type "RSS" into the search engine] Yahoo asks,

How are we doing?
Are we answering your questions?


MyAnswer: "Not Even close"

OK. I'll make this up as I go along.

So, what I'm really trying to do is:

A. "find out on my own", as the MudTester-suer likes to do, about RSS-feeds, and instant messaging; and

B. "how to find on my web-tool-thing" that the RSS-feed I just added is visible while I'm answering my instant messages.

Cloud: Sense of doom and foreboding approaches

Don't tell me that "when the RSS-user group got deleted" that the world forgot about compatability between RSS-feeds, MyYahoo, and the instant messenger?

Oh, please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

Please.
Add to My Yahoo

You'd think that if you typed in "RSS" to Yahoo, you migth come up with something like, "Add to My Yahoo."

MudTest is happy to report, despite the "great work on the Add My Yahoo Button" and the excellent ability to add RSS-feeds to MyYahoo, we find nothing on the Yahoo search tool related to RSS feeds and MyYahoo.

Discussion

Let us carefully review the tips. Does it say anywhere that "RSS" is outside the capabilites?

Ref
We think you may have asked about a Yahoo! ID. Please try your search at one of the following:
Yahoo! Search
Yahoo! Member Directory


Notice on the right hand side of the RSS-related question [When you type "RSS" into the search engine] Yahoo asks,

How are we doing?
Are we answering your questions?


MyAnswer: "Not Even close"

OK. I'll make this up as I go along.

So, what I'm really trying to do is:

A. "find out on my own", as the MudTester-suer likes to do, about RSS-feeds, and instant messaging; and

B. "how to find on my web-tool-thing" that the RSS-feed I just added is visible while I'm answering my instant messages.

Cloud: Sense of doom and foreboding approaches

Don't tell me that "when the RSS-user group got deleted" that the world forgot about compatability between RSS-feeds, MyYahoo, and the instant messenger?

Oh, please tell me I'm missing something obvious.

Please.
" />