23 December 2004

Creating XML feeds to index personal information

I'd like to be able to search all my files and create a feed. That way, I can better manage and index my information.

Right now, everything is segregated and I have no central indexing mechanism across all the different platforms.

This would be like a Google desk-top search. I'd search through all my applications, saved files, archives, and create custom-feeds so that they were available when I needed them.

The advantage is that I could set up templates and auto-search routines in advance, take my issues and concerns and have solutions to issues ready.

Plus, I could have these indexed searches ready when I needed to remotely access my information. No requirement to access multiple files, just a single feed.
I'd like to be able to search all my files and create a feed. That way, I can better manage and index my information.

Right now, everything is segregated and I have no central indexing mechanism across all the different platforms.

This would be like a Google desk-top search. I'd search through all my applications, saved files, archives, and create custom-feeds so that they were available when I needed them.

The advantage is that I could set up templates and auto-search routines in advance, take my issues and concerns and have solutions to issues ready.

Plus, I could have these indexed searches ready when I needed to remotely access my information. No requirement to access multiple files, just a single feed.
" />