14 December 2004

Host, MoveableType, 14-Dec-04 UTC 00:31:06

Ref Ref

It would be interesting to see how this "trackback option" is manually used by outsiders. For example, "does adding this moveabletype URL to a blog" do anything?

If not, would be good if there was an explanation link "common to all of moveable type" on how to use it, what it does, and what non-moveabletype users need to worry about.

Right now, I add it just to see what happens:

- Does it help me find the original blog
- Does it help the original blog list me as a "linker"
- Can I search through the engines to find those blogs I've linked to

One thing I have noticed is that if I link to a blog once, my moveable-type link will generate a "recurring link" -- this is to say, "Even though I'm not linking to other blog entries in that blog"...my blog will appear in the engine as linked.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to duplicate this right now; but I've seen it. Gave me over 1,300 listings with just one link.
Ref Ref

It would be interesting to see how this "trackback option" is manually used by outsiders. For example, "does adding this moveabletype URL to a blog" do anything?

If not, would be good if there was an explanation link "common to all of moveable type" on how to use it, what it does, and what non-moveabletype users need to worry about.

Right now, I add it just to see what happens:

- Does it help me find the original blog
- Does it help the original blog list me as a "linker"
- Can I search through the engines to find those blogs I've linked to

One thing I have noticed is that if I link to a blog once, my moveable-type link will generate a "recurring link" -- this is to say, "Even though I'm not linking to other blog entries in that blog"...my blog will appear in the engine as linked.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to duplicate this right now; but I've seen it. Gave me over 1,300 listings with just one link.
" />