14 December 2004

Pinging Too Fast

Ref

One of the things I've noticed with feedster, is that if I don't ping after ever blog entry, feedster misses information.

Also, I'm not convinced that all "too fast pings" are problems. If you want bloggers to "only post every so often" then say so; but then keep in mind that "less frequent blogging" will end up with longer blogs.

Remember, this is about creating tools that help, not driving consumers to change their behavior.
Ref

One of the things I've noticed with feedster, is that if I don't ping after ever blog entry, feedster misses information.

Also, I'm not convinced that all "too fast pings" are problems. If you want bloggers to "only post every so often" then say so; but then keep in mind that "less frequent blogging" will end up with longer blogs.

Remember, this is about creating tools that help, not driving consumers to change their behavior.
" />