05 January 2005

Weblogs: I wish they put dates on their articles

Upshot

Please, could the dates in the articles be more visible? Thank you.

The voyage

Keso gave me this link to Sheila Ann Manuel Coggins. I noticed there was no date on the article.

Not that I personally care "whether the site properly documents." I'm just more interested in "how dated is the material."

I remember once reading an article that seemed like the "new-new-thing," and I got interested thinking, "This matches exactly what I am talking about." Then I noticed the date. It was 4 years old.

Meaning: Much had transpired since the article, and my "new idea" had been overcome by events.

LOL. :-)

Update 5-Jan-05, UTC 01:05:56

For laughs and giggles...here are the "new ideas" that I had with bottom feeder. And here's another gee whiz reaction.

In other words, I hope to make a contribution and provide a worthwhile perspective, rather than come up with a "new idea" that simply re-invents the wheel.
Upshot

Please, could the dates in the articles be more visible? Thank you.

The voyage

Keso gave me this link to Sheila Ann Manuel Coggins. I noticed there was no date on the article.

Not that I personally care "whether the site properly documents." I'm just more interested in "how dated is the material."

I remember once reading an article that seemed like the "new-new-thing," and I got interested thinking, "This matches exactly what I am talking about." Then I noticed the date. It was 4 years old.

Meaning: Much had transpired since the article, and my "new idea" had been overcome by events.

LOL. :-)

Update 5-Jan-05, UTC 01:05:56

For laughs and giggles...here are the "new ideas" that I had with bottom feeder. And here's another gee whiz reaction.

In other words, I hope to make a contribution and provide a worthwhile perspective, rather than come up with a "new idea" that simply re-invents the wheel.
" />