18 February 2005

Feed Mesh: Updates based on content changes, not time


Creative Commons License

Link to and cite as .

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Creative Commons License

Link to and cite as .

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
-->

Feed Mesh Suggestion

Updates based on content changes, not time elapsed


One thing I like about Ping-O-Matic is that it's easy to update many services.

From what I understand about Ping-O-Matic, it allows updates based on time. Specifically Weblogs allows updates only every 30 minutes. Other services require some sort of lag-time before allowing new content to get pinged [I am not sure].

In the land of generating ideas and quickly disseminating them, this is not all that conducive to quick posting in the blog.

What I would like to see FeedMesh and Ping-O-Matic look into is an alternate posting protocol based not on time, but on content changes. Reasons supporting this change:

Multiple draft blogs

I can load up my blog-entries, keep them in draft, work on multiple ideas, then publish many blog-entries in rapid succession, as opposed to many ideas in a single blog.

Share individual ideas

I might consider breaking my list of ideas into multiple blogs. I might be inclined to post individual ideas in separate blogs if I didn't have to wait.

Faster posting of new content

The current mode requires that I wait before repinging. In my view, this is less than optimal as I can come up with ideas faster than it takes to blog-then-wait for a new Ping-O-Matic window.

Thank you for considering my request.


Creative Commons License

Link to and cite as .

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Feed Mesh Suggestion

Updates based on content changes, not time elapsed


One thing I like about Ping-O-Matic is that it's easy to update many services.

From what I understand about Ping-O-Matic, it allows updates based on time. Specifically Weblogs allows updates only every 30 minutes. Other services require some sort of lag-time before allowing new content to get pinged [I am not sure].

In the land of generating ideas and quickly disseminating them, this is not all that conducive to quick posting in the blog.

What I would like to see FeedMesh and Ping-O-Matic look into is an alternate posting protocol based not on time, but on content changes. Reasons supporting this change:

Multiple draft blogs

I can load up my blog-entries, keep them in draft, work on multiple ideas, then publish many blog-entries in rapid succession, as opposed to many ideas in a single blog.

Share individual ideas

I might consider breaking my list of ideas into multiple blogs. I might be inclined to post individual ideas in separate blogs if I didn't have to wait.

Faster posting of new content

The current mode requires that I wait before repinging. In my view, this is less than optimal as I can come up with ideas faster than it takes to blog-then-wait for a new Ping-O-Matic window.

Thank you for considering my request.


Creative Commons License

Link to and cite as .

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
" />