04 April 2005

Enterprise: An intermediary to notify both aggregators and e-mail providers that e-mail delivery of feeds is no longer needed

I've noticed there are many ways to get a feed with Bot-A-Blog. I can sign-up fairly easily.

But what happens when I not longer want that feed to e-mail--how do I reverse the process?

And when I have all my feeds to e-mail going to a single e-mail address, how can I de-select some of the feeds-to-email?

I would like to be able to retain my current e-mail address. I would prefer not to have to renotify the content-providers of a new e-mail address simply because I wanted to block from one feed-to-e-mail.

User requirement

It would be nice if there was an automatic-notification-delete option that allowed subscribers to have that feed-to-email-to-aggregator de-selected, removed, blocked, or otherwise taken out of the folders.

I'd like to find a tool that lets me subscribe to any feed, and have it delivered by e-mail. Take BotABlog. Notice how you can notify them of your e-mail through a variety of ways: With the box or link on a remote site, with the subscription form, or by inputting your e-mail into the main site.

The challenge is then going back to Bot-A-Blog and turning things off. If I use any of the three subscription options, I can get the feed to e-mail; I'd also like to be able to any of the three options to then turn off the system, and have that notification go across all the platforms.

Unable to figure this out

The big mystery is how to quickly unsubscribe from that feed that's coming to my aggregator.

  • Is there a chance that there's a new enterprise service that acts as a filtering device between the aggregator and the e-mail to feed providers?

  • Something that would tell both the aggregators and the e-mail to feed-providers that the subscriber no longer wants that particular feed?
  • I've noticed there are many ways to get a feed with Bot-A-Blog. I can sign-up fairly easily.

    But what happens when I not longer want that feed to e-mail--how do I reverse the process?

    And when I have all my feeds to e-mail going to a single e-mail address, how can I de-select some of the feeds-to-email?

    I would like to be able to retain my current e-mail address. I would prefer not to have to renotify the content-providers of a new e-mail address simply because I wanted to block from one feed-to-e-mail.

    User requirement

    It would be nice if there was an automatic-notification-delete option that allowed subscribers to have that feed-to-email-to-aggregator de-selected, removed, blocked, or otherwise taken out of the folders.

    I'd like to find a tool that lets me subscribe to any feed, and have it delivered by e-mail. Take BotABlog. Notice how you can notify them of your e-mail through a variety of ways: With the box or link on a remote site, with the subscription form, or by inputting your e-mail into the main site.

    The challenge is then going back to Bot-A-Blog and turning things off. If I use any of the three subscription options, I can get the feed to e-mail; I'd also like to be able to any of the three options to then turn off the system, and have that notification go across all the platforms.

    Unable to figure this out

    The big mystery is how to quickly unsubscribe from that feed that's coming to my aggregator.

  • Is there a chance that there's a new enterprise service that acts as a filtering device between the aggregator and the e-mail to feed providers?

  • Something that would tell both the aggregators and the e-mail to feed-providers that the subscriber no longer wants that particular feed?
    " />