04 April 2005

Feed rings: Place your feed, then get an OPML file in one step

I was thinking that it would be easier to subscribe to many feeds.

Have you ever heard of blog-rings? Those are collections of blogs, and you can click through them. They're like site-rings.

Well, I noticed they don't appear to have the same kind of thing with feeds. Sure, there are feed-portals like Bloglines and other lists.

But I was thinking of a specialized feed-ring for our friends. One that all my friends could simply show up, drop their feed, and then get a feed-ring subscription.

In the future, anyone else who joined this feed-ring would have their feed automatically added, and all the subscribers would have the current list of the feed-subscribers for that ring.

Maybe it's called something else. It's not Dave Winer's OPML, as that is just for a single-list for a single person. Yes, you can share your OPML files, but I'm talking about having a single-feed for that single feed-ring.
I was thinking that it would be easier to subscribe to many feeds.

Have you ever heard of blog-rings? Those are collections of blogs, and you can click through them. They're like site-rings.

Well, I noticed they don't appear to have the same kind of thing with feeds. Sure, there are feed-portals like Bloglines and other lists.

But I was thinking of a specialized feed-ring for our friends. One that all my friends could simply show up, drop their feed, and then get a feed-ring subscription.

In the future, anyone else who joined this feed-ring would have their feed automatically added, and all the subscribers would have the current list of the feed-subscribers for that ring.

Maybe it's called something else. It's not Dave Winer's OPML, as that is just for a single-list for a single person. Yes, you can share your OPML files, but I'm talking about having a single-feed for that single feed-ring.
" />