11 April 2005

Technorati: Claimed Weblogs Cleared out -- huh?

I blogged about making updates to the claimed blogs: Was attempting to add two new blogs [winksite, and the haloscan comment feed].

Loaded up the codes, and entered the confirmation messages sent via e-mail.

Winksite blog links appear to be hard for the bots to find; the menus can be strange, and embedded.

Went back to claimed blogs, and everything is gone: Nothing listed for the pending categries; and the blogs I already had claimed are no longer listed.

Update

OK, now the claimed blogs and the outstanding requests all show up. Weird.

But here's the problem: The two I want to claim aren't workint out. All the codes I loaded up to both Haloscan Comment Feed and the Winksite Blog didn't trigger a response from Technorati.

Meaning: I've loaded both sets of codes to the comment feed and the winksite blog, and both of these haven't been accepted.

  • Is it not possible to claim a Haloscan feed by posting a comment to that feed?

  • And is there a workaround to getting a winksite blog claimed in Technorati?

    Cancellation

    Because these codes have not triggered a response, but are still valid, I'm going to cancel them out -- I have no way to know whether these outstanding claim requests could be used by someone else.
  • I blogged about making updates to the claimed blogs: Was attempting to add two new blogs [winksite, and the haloscan comment feed].

    Loaded up the codes, and entered the confirmation messages sent via e-mail.

    Winksite blog links appear to be hard for the bots to find; the menus can be strange, and embedded.

    Went back to claimed blogs, and everything is gone: Nothing listed for the pending categries; and the blogs I already had claimed are no longer listed.

    Update

    OK, now the claimed blogs and the outstanding requests all show up. Weird.

    But here's the problem: The two I want to claim aren't workint out. All the codes I loaded up to both Haloscan Comment Feed and the Winksite Blog didn't trigger a response from Technorati.

    Meaning: I've loaded both sets of codes to the comment feed and the winksite blog, and both of these haven't been accepted.

  • Is it not possible to claim a Haloscan feed by posting a comment to that feed?

  • And is there a workaround to getting a winksite blog claimed in Technorati?

    Cancellation

    Because these codes have not triggered a response, but are still valid, I'm going to cancel them out -- I have no way to know whether these outstanding claim requests could be used by someone else.
    " />