28 April 2005

XML Concepts: 4-D Aggregator clippings storage

Aggregator clippings folders are nice for storing interesting content. I like the clippings feeds. I wish they could be tailored to each sub-folder. Last time I checked, although the clippings-URI file code was different for each folder, I was still getting all the content from all the clippings.

I’ve been thinking about clippings folders. And I’ve thought back to the days before there was paper or papyrus. That’s right clay tablets.

Long ago, the problem with the clay tablets was that they would break. So people made safe places to store them. Carefully stacked.

I think the current file-management system could break out of this. Especially in the world where we no longer are confined to 3-dimensions.

Files in a menu, as they are currently designed in an aggregator, are simply a stack of folders. One on top of another.

But we don’t have to do it that way.

Rather, when a reader-user is looking at information and saving it, they don’t necessarily save the information or think of it in terms of a stack of information, or one dimension.

Rather, they may have a 2-dimensional view of the information: As in putting that file into a list or existing template.

Rather than have to individually create each folder in that template, it would be nice if we could simply upload a template, and then be able to assign information to that array, index, or piece of paper.

For example, if we have existing procedures and checklists, we don’t get all the information in the order of the checklist. Rather, we get the information as it shows up, and then we assign it to a particular item oh that checklist.

What if the aggregators allowed reader-users to upload these 2-dimensional checklists; and then as information comes in it was either manually saved as a clipped file and assigned to this 2-dmenstional list; or automatically assigned.

That way, we would have the existing standards on one side of the screen; and then to the right we’d have the available information and clipped files.

Ideally, what would be nice is that there be a visual display between the “full, 100%” for each category, and we’d be able to see which areas need more attention or focus.

Again, moving away from clay tablets and words, it would be nice if we could simply look at a graphical representation of a checklist, and quickly see the available clipped files, and then with some sort of colored line see those checklist-items that were low, needing attention, or fully completed.

Going further, from the 2-D approach [of a simple two-column array], a 3-d approach would be a schedule.

Again, the clipped files do not necessarily have to be assigned to a particular item in column 2; rather, the more appropriate place might be to assign it to a later task, say in column 15.

This is kind of like a spread sheet. But it is more fluid.

Think of Powerpoint. We can simply type text where we want it. But what if there was a way to quickly upload these schedule-like-3-templates to a clippings file; and then have the system structured so that saved files could be quickly assigned to a visual representation of a schedule.

We’d quickly see how our tasks were stacking up against the available information.

The gaps might trigger some automated search commands or bots that would find this information based on custom feed URIs, and then we could have the information show up, and assign it where it fit in the schedule.

My overall point is that we need to think of saved-clipped content as more than something than an individual item that gets saved to a stack of folders.

Rather, we could look at it as a piece of a puzzle that could fit into a checklist or something time-phased like a schedule.

What I would like to see is a more fluid approach to content in the aggregators. I would like to move away from the strict foldering-approach, and have a more power-point word-processing approach.

Meaning: I’d like to be able to place the saved content-file to an unspecified space on the workspace, and then with time, be able to circle and group these files into new patters.

I’d also like this system to synchronize with the blog-spots. This is to say that unlike current blogging software which is also a stack-like system, I’d like to see something that is also time phased.

This means that as the 3-D schedule was getting assigned incoming-content-from-the-saved-aggregator-content, we could see where the incoming clipped files compare with our future planned blog spots.


Summary


I’m looking for a faster way to upload pre-defined templates, multi-column arrays, and schedule templates to the aggregator.

I’d like to have a way to assign saved-clipped-files in something more fluid than a stack of file-folders. I’d like to be able to assign content to specific checklists [2-D; multi-columns]; or a time phased schedule [3-D; multiple tasks up and down, with incremental time units to the right].

I’d like to be able to individually group the clipped files into new groups which I can assign to a separate feed. That way, Team 1 could get just the clipped files associated with their tasks; and the upper management could have all the task information if that’s what they want.

Also, as Teams 1 – 7 are approaching a major milestone, I’d like to be able to zoom into a specific milestone success criteria list, and then quickly see how my clipped-saved-content matches with the success criteria along that list, not just simply a 2-colum comparison using a checklist, but something that indicates the percent complete and level of effort required to close out that particular task and meet that milestone success criteria.

In short, what I’m looking for is an aggregator clipping approach that better synchronizes with existing templates-checklists that I might upload, and better integrates with an existing schedule and program schedule.

I’d like a way to quickly upload predefined templates, checklists, and schedules.

I want to see a macro view of the progress toward program objectives.

I want a fast way to upload a hierarchy or 3-D foldering system.

I want to be able to highlight incoming content in the folders to identify, and create new groups, associations, and then assign content in the future to this new group.

I’d like to be able to take a checklist, agenda, or some list of requirements, assign my appropriate content and clipped files to that list, then export those items as a new agenda, presentation, checklist-completion-certification, or a separate feed which shows the multiple columns.

I’d like the output file to be something that could easily be imported from Excel; and have the outputs of my multi-column displays easily exported back into Excel or another column-schedule architecture associated with program management.

I would like the option to have a pre-defined 2-D or 3-D structure already available, and a method to quickly move around these templates in a plasma-jello-like way, not something that requires typing or inserting commands like .Dos commands, but something I can simply point on, and move without any effort like WYSIWYG, and then have the final rendering, adjusted template, or new structure saved, and then others can easily export their clipped files into this new architecture within the aggregator.

I want to be able to move the saved contents to any location.

I want to be able to choose how I associate content. Sometimes, I might want to point and click to create a circle, and then I want to be able to quickly assign different content based on tags to a particular circle; sometimes I might want to simply find a new term, quickly assign that term to specific content, and then quickly get all the content to adjust to that new group.

Also, I’d like to be able to keep all the contents in a random pattern; and then have the visual display simply change links. Rather than moving the clipped content, I’d like for there to be a way t simply show different colored links, groups, or highlights for each of the groups I say.

Perhaps some content would get brighter, change color, or get showcased in a new way.

Perhaps the similar groups would physically slide across the screen into a new place; and then when I click a new group, the old group could get saved in a real-time aggregator-saving tool that recorded my steps [kind of like a wiki-record or a word-processing-undo command].

I’d like a replay option so that I can take snippets from each group, line them up in a photo stream or presentation, and create a top-level view to share how the new groups were created or what other decisions were made along the way so that others might be able to recreate the steps in creating this new architecture.

I would like to be able to quickly assign new content and feeds to the new structures and 3-D templates-schedule that I make.

I want the ability to quickly toggle back between a 3-D schedule, and a 2-D matrix for a particular task. I want the option to look at a macro view of the master schedule; then a way to look at each individual task, and see how my incoming-saved-clipped files compare with the success criteria for that given task, milestone, or decision point.

I’d like to see an actual 4-D approach to this. Whereby just as we can see a DNA helix floating in free space, and rotate it, then use that model to assign tags, I’d also like the option to rotate in 4-D space the master schedule, so that I can look at multiple programs as the same time from the reverse angle, different perspectives [either top view, going forward, or a back view].

I want the outputs to be so structured so that I can quickly export them to a blog-publishing tool that is also time phased. With time, I could see how my planned blog content compares with my clipped files, and identify new areas that I need to focus on, research, ignore, or defer others to more appropriate content.



LEGAL NOTICE


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

You may not copy any of this work to promote a commercial product on any site or medium in the universe.

If you see this work posted on a commercial site, it violates the creative commons license; and the author does not endorse the commercial product.

Free to use for non-commercial uses. Link to this original blogspot and cite as .


-- This is the end of the content --
Aggregator clippings folders are nice for storing interesting content. I like the clippings feeds. I wish they could be tailored to each sub-folder. Last time I checked, although the clippings-URI file code was different for each folder, I was still getting all the content from all the clippings.

I’ve been thinking about clippings folders. And I’ve thought back to the days before there was paper or papyrus. That’s right clay tablets.

Long ago, the problem with the clay tablets was that they would break. So people made safe places to store them. Carefully stacked.

I think the current file-management system could break out of this. Especially in the world where we no longer are confined to 3-dimensions.

Files in a menu, as they are currently designed in an aggregator, are simply a stack of folders. One on top of another.

But we don’t have to do it that way.

Rather, when a reader-user is looking at information and saving it, they don’t necessarily save the information or think of it in terms of a stack of information, or one dimension.

Rather, they may have a 2-dimensional view of the information: As in putting that file into a list or existing template.

Rather than have to individually create each folder in that template, it would be nice if we could simply upload a template, and then be able to assign information to that array, index, or piece of paper.

For example, if we have existing procedures and checklists, we don’t get all the information in the order of the checklist. Rather, we get the information as it shows up, and then we assign it to a particular item oh that checklist.

What if the aggregators allowed reader-users to upload these 2-dimensional checklists; and then as information comes in it was either manually saved as a clipped file and assigned to this 2-dmenstional list; or automatically assigned.

That way, we would have the existing standards on one side of the screen; and then to the right we’d have the available information and clipped files.

Ideally, what would be nice is that there be a visual display between the “full, 100%” for each category, and we’d be able to see which areas need more attention or focus.

Again, moving away from clay tablets and words, it would be nice if we could simply look at a graphical representation of a checklist, and quickly see the available clipped files, and then with some sort of colored line see those checklist-items that were low, needing attention, or fully completed.

Going further, from the 2-D approach [of a simple two-column array], a 3-d approach would be a schedule.

Again, the clipped files do not necessarily have to be assigned to a particular item in column 2; rather, the more appropriate place might be to assign it to a later task, say in column 15.

This is kind of like a spread sheet. But it is more fluid.

Think of Powerpoint. We can simply type text where we want it. But what if there was a way to quickly upload these schedule-like-3-templates to a clippings file; and then have the system structured so that saved files could be quickly assigned to a visual representation of a schedule.

We’d quickly see how our tasks were stacking up against the available information.

The gaps might trigger some automated search commands or bots that would find this information based on custom feed URIs, and then we could have the information show up, and assign it where it fit in the schedule.

My overall point is that we need to think of saved-clipped content as more than something than an individual item that gets saved to a stack of folders.

Rather, we could look at it as a piece of a puzzle that could fit into a checklist or something time-phased like a schedule.

What I would like to see is a more fluid approach to content in the aggregators. I would like to move away from the strict foldering-approach, and have a more power-point word-processing approach.

Meaning: I’d like to be able to place the saved content-file to an unspecified space on the workspace, and then with time, be able to circle and group these files into new patters.

I’d also like this system to synchronize with the blog-spots. This is to say that unlike current blogging software which is also a stack-like system, I’d like to see something that is also time phased.

This means that as the 3-D schedule was getting assigned incoming-content-from-the-saved-aggregator-content, we could see where the incoming clipped files compare with our future planned blog spots.


Summary


I’m looking for a faster way to upload pre-defined templates, multi-column arrays, and schedule templates to the aggregator.

I’d like to have a way to assign saved-clipped-files in something more fluid than a stack of file-folders. I’d like to be able to assign content to specific checklists [2-D; multi-columns]; or a time phased schedule [3-D; multiple tasks up and down, with incremental time units to the right].

I’d like to be able to individually group the clipped files into new groups which I can assign to a separate feed. That way, Team 1 could get just the clipped files associated with their tasks; and the upper management could have all the task information if that’s what they want.

Also, as Teams 1 – 7 are approaching a major milestone, I’d like to be able to zoom into a specific milestone success criteria list, and then quickly see how my clipped-saved-content matches with the success criteria along that list, not just simply a 2-colum comparison using a checklist, but something that indicates the percent complete and level of effort required to close out that particular task and meet that milestone success criteria.

In short, what I’m looking for is an aggregator clipping approach that better synchronizes with existing templates-checklists that I might upload, and better integrates with an existing schedule and program schedule.

I’d like a way to quickly upload predefined templates, checklists, and schedules.

I want to see a macro view of the progress toward program objectives.

I want a fast way to upload a hierarchy or 3-D foldering system.

I want to be able to highlight incoming content in the folders to identify, and create new groups, associations, and then assign content in the future to this new group.

I’d like to be able to take a checklist, agenda, or some list of requirements, assign my appropriate content and clipped files to that list, then export those items as a new agenda, presentation, checklist-completion-certification, or a separate feed which shows the multiple columns.

I’d like the output file to be something that could easily be imported from Excel; and have the outputs of my multi-column displays easily exported back into Excel or another column-schedule architecture associated with program management.

I would like the option to have a pre-defined 2-D or 3-D structure already available, and a method to quickly move around these templates in a plasma-jello-like way, not something that requires typing or inserting commands like .Dos commands, but something I can simply point on, and move without any effort like WYSIWYG, and then have the final rendering, adjusted template, or new structure saved, and then others can easily export their clipped files into this new architecture within the aggregator.

I want to be able to move the saved contents to any location.

I want to be able to choose how I associate content. Sometimes, I might want to point and click to create a circle, and then I want to be able to quickly assign different content based on tags to a particular circle; sometimes I might want to simply find a new term, quickly assign that term to specific content, and then quickly get all the content to adjust to that new group.

Also, I’d like to be able to keep all the contents in a random pattern; and then have the visual display simply change links. Rather than moving the clipped content, I’d like for there to be a way t simply show different colored links, groups, or highlights for each of the groups I say.

Perhaps some content would get brighter, change color, or get showcased in a new way.

Perhaps the similar groups would physically slide across the screen into a new place; and then when I click a new group, the old group could get saved in a real-time aggregator-saving tool that recorded my steps [kind of like a wiki-record or a word-processing-undo command].

I’d like a replay option so that I can take snippets from each group, line them up in a photo stream or presentation, and create a top-level view to share how the new groups were created or what other decisions were made along the way so that others might be able to recreate the steps in creating this new architecture.

I would like to be able to quickly assign new content and feeds to the new structures and 3-D templates-schedule that I make.

I want the ability to quickly toggle back between a 3-D schedule, and a 2-D matrix for a particular task. I want the option to look at a macro view of the master schedule; then a way to look at each individual task, and see how my incoming-saved-clipped files compare with the success criteria for that given task, milestone, or decision point.

I’d like to see an actual 4-D approach to this. Whereby just as we can see a DNA helix floating in free space, and rotate it, then use that model to assign tags, I’d also like the option to rotate in 4-D space the master schedule, so that I can look at multiple programs as the same time from the reverse angle, different perspectives [either top view, going forward, or a back view].

I want the outputs to be so structured so that I can quickly export them to a blog-publishing tool that is also time phased. With time, I could see how my planned blog content compares with my clipped files, and identify new areas that I need to focus on, research, ignore, or defer others to more appropriate content.



LEGAL NOTICE


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

You may not copy any of this work to promote a commercial product on any site or medium in the universe.

If you see this work posted on a commercial site, it violates the creative commons license; and the author does not endorse the commercial product.

Free to use for non-commercial uses. Link to this original blogspot and cite as .


-- This is the end of the content --
" />