28 May 2005

2005: PubSub parameters exceeded

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen. PubSub has limitations.

You were warned that the search strngs would be getting complicated. I entered a seach string containing over 100 different parameters, elements, and operands.


Error Message


Your query is too complicated. Please try a simpler query, or contact us for help.


But I don't want to do the "simple" search. If I "wanted" to do that I would have done that. LOL

Now we have two problems:

  • No ability to test the search string with a simulator; and

  • The platform's dsign features have been exceeded.

    It's only 2005. What's going to happen when someone decides to really do something complicated?

    Like next week?

    -- This is the end of the content --
  • Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen. PubSub has limitations.

    You were warned that the search strngs would be getting complicated. I entered a seach string containing over 100 different parameters, elements, and operands.


    Error Message


    Your query is too complicated. Please try a simpler query, or contact us for help.


    But I don't want to do the "simple" search. If I "wanted" to do that I would have done that. LOL

    Now we have two problems:

  • No ability to test the search string with a simulator; and

  • The platform's dsign features have been exceeded.

    It's only 2005. What's going to happen when someone decides to really do something complicated?

    Like next week?

    -- This is the end of the content --
    " />