18 May 2005

Encarta

Have you ever used Encarta? It really saves alot of time.

For example, suppose you're hopelessly lost on a task. Like giving a presentation.

Encarta gives you some handy checklists.

I've looked at it and thought there could be an improvement.

My overall beef with Encarta is that, despite all the information, there's no quick way to use the site to save my information.

Rather, I have to copy the checklists to a second platform like .word or .excel.

What I'd really like is two additional platforms within Encarta. The first one would be a way of providing my answers to the checklists. That way I can simply use Encarta to do the project.

Second, I'd like for each task or checklist in Encarta to have a schedule. Not a calendar, but the type of horizontal schedule you can see on the timelines.

What I'd like to be able to do with Encarta is read a checklist, post my responses, and Encarta would flow out my task-related-milestones so that I would know what I need to get done.

Of course, I want all this combined into a single XML-feed so that I can get access to the information no matter where I am.
Have you ever used Encarta? It really saves alot of time.

For example, suppose you're hopelessly lost on a task. Like giving a presentation.

Encarta gives you some handy checklists.

I've looked at it and thought there could be an improvement.

My overall beef with Encarta is that, despite all the information, there's no quick way to use the site to save my information.

Rather, I have to copy the checklists to a second platform like .word or .excel.

What I'd really like is two additional platforms within Encarta. The first one would be a way of providing my answers to the checklists. That way I can simply use Encarta to do the project.

Second, I'd like for each task or checklist in Encarta to have a schedule. Not a calendar, but the type of horizontal schedule you can see on the timelines.

What I'd like to be able to do with Encarta is read a checklist, post my responses, and Encarta would flow out my task-related-milestones so that I would know what I need to get done.

Of course, I want all this combined into a single XML-feed so that I can get access to the information no matter where I am.
" />