21 May 2005

Floating aggregators

Think of this as being a more fluid integration between the aggregator, the browser, desktop workbench, and the prospective search URI-generator.

Information waterfall

Information bursts. Amazing how an obscure topic can suddenly have massive numbers publications.

I did some prospective searching and "search engine searching" at the same time. Despite an obscure topic, I've been finding that alot of content will come flying in.

For example, I did a very isolated search for an obscure search-string, and within seconds I had 50 stories show up; I don't want to have to wade all the duplication. I want the information once, and I want the unique aspects highlighted for me.

But there are subtle differences in the stories in the feeds.

Managing data repetition

When I do a prospective search based on information I find in the search engine, I only want to read the news story once; and I don't want to keep re-reading the same information from different sources.

I may have two different elements with substantially the same content, but the second feed-item will strip out the duplication, and highlight that which is different, novel and unique.

Ideally, what I'd like to see is the duplicate information in the different feed-items stripped out so that I only see the information once; but I still want to have the links to the full spectrum of content-feed-sources.

Said another way: I'd like to have the duplication in the content eliminated; but I still want the full spectrum of sources that show the subtle nuances not covered elsewhere.

This will save me time.

Fluid-like aggregator desktop

Then, once I have all the distinctive-novel information, I'd like an easy way to move it around. What I'd like is a way to quickly move these incoming feed-items around on my aggregator.

What I'm really looking for is a wordprocessing-like tool that lets me convert new concepts and words into prospective searches; and at the same time let me move the incoming content around so that I can find the newest information.

I'm not interesting in copying the content to a wordprocessor; rather, I'd like to keep the content where it is, within the existing platform. In turn, what I'm hoping for is that as I move this content around, I can start to find some new patterns.

That way, as new feed-data shows up, I can quickly integrate this new information into my new structure and cumulative list of novel information.

Then I want to be able to reorganize all the distinctive elements into my own pattern. Ideally, there could be automated structures created so that I could apply externally generated templates and structures to this new data; and then identify the gaps or where I need to do some other types of searches/digging.

Here's what I'd like to see

A platform that lets me:

  • click on a feed-item, and let me move it to a working portion of the aggregator.

  • move the individual data elements around on this aggregator platform.

  • click on the new information to create a prospective search and have these URIs automatically loaded into the aggregator for more searching.

    -- This is the end of the content --
  • Think of this as being a more fluid integration between the aggregator, the browser, desktop workbench, and the prospective search URI-generator.

    Information waterfall

    Information bursts. Amazing how an obscure topic can suddenly have massive numbers publications.

    I did some prospective searching and "search engine searching" at the same time. Despite an obscure topic, I've been finding that alot of content will come flying in.

    For example, I did a very isolated search for an obscure search-string, and within seconds I had 50 stories show up; I don't want to have to wade all the duplication. I want the information once, and I want the unique aspects highlighted for me.

    But there are subtle differences in the stories in the feeds.

    Managing data repetition

    When I do a prospective search based on information I find in the search engine, I only want to read the news story once; and I don't want to keep re-reading the same information from different sources.

    I may have two different elements with substantially the same content, but the second feed-item will strip out the duplication, and highlight that which is different, novel and unique.

    Ideally, what I'd like to see is the duplicate information in the different feed-items stripped out so that I only see the information once; but I still want to have the links to the full spectrum of content-feed-sources.

    Said another way: I'd like to have the duplication in the content eliminated; but I still want the full spectrum of sources that show the subtle nuances not covered elsewhere.

    This will save me time.

    Fluid-like aggregator desktop

    Then, once I have all the distinctive-novel information, I'd like an easy way to move it around. What I'd like is a way to quickly move these incoming feed-items around on my aggregator.

    What I'm really looking for is a wordprocessing-like tool that lets me convert new concepts and words into prospective searches; and at the same time let me move the incoming content around so that I can find the newest information.

    I'm not interesting in copying the content to a wordprocessor; rather, I'd like to keep the content where it is, within the existing platform. In turn, what I'm hoping for is that as I move this content around, I can start to find some new patterns.

    That way, as new feed-data shows up, I can quickly integrate this new information into my new structure and cumulative list of novel information.

    Then I want to be able to reorganize all the distinctive elements into my own pattern. Ideally, there could be automated structures created so that I could apply externally generated templates and structures to this new data; and then identify the gaps or where I need to do some other types of searches/digging.

    Here's what I'd like to see

    A platform that lets me:

  • click on a feed-item, and let me move it to a working portion of the aggregator.

  • move the individual data elements around on this aggregator platform.

  • click on the new information to create a prospective search and have these URIs automatically loaded into the aggregator for more searching.

    -- This is the end of the content --
    " />