07 May 2005

PubSub Feed Generator Missing ~link to original content~

I'm seeing "no links" in the PubSub subscription feed [ PubSub Feed Generator ]

Some content has links, but there's no link from the PubSub index back to the original content.

Unless the content has a link, I have to research for the content using non-PubSub-tools in order to get back to the original content.

  • Is the aggregator stripping out the links? I don't think so. Because if the aggregator was at fault, I'd have all the links stripped out, not just the ones with PubSub.

  • Is PubSub just providing content without a link back to the original content? Yes. And I'm not clear that PubSub only wants to give me a sentence, but wants to give me a way to get back to the context of that comment.

  • Do users of Monitor 110 want the same thing? If yes, say nothing; if you want links, need to let them know during beta: Need to have links from Monitor 110 generator to the original content.
  • I'm seeing "no links" in the PubSub subscription feed [ PubSub Feed Generator ]

    Some content has links, but there's no link from the PubSub index back to the original content.

    Unless the content has a link, I have to research for the content using non-PubSub-tools in order to get back to the original content.

  • Is the aggregator stripping out the links? I don't think so. Because if the aggregator was at fault, I'd have all the links stripped out, not just the ones with PubSub.

  • Is PubSub just providing content without a link back to the original content? Yes. And I'm not clear that PubSub only wants to give me a sentence, but wants to give me a way to get back to the context of that comment.

  • Do users of Monitor 110 want the same thing? If yes, say nothing; if you want links, need to let them know during beta: Need to have links from Monitor 110 generator to the original content.
    " />