09 June 2005

Clipping Index, Newsgator, 9-Jun-05 UTC 11:56:26

Greg,

I'm getting something strange with the Newsgator Online Clip file.

Normally, when I click on the save-icon, the clip-index appears just fine; I can toggle down and throw the item into the folder without any problem.

But something strange is happening.

Now, when I click on the save-icon, my browser shoots down to the bottom of the page inside Newsgator.

In order to see "the box of the clip files" [that I want to toggle to to place the item in the folder], I have to then scroll up to the original RSS feed-item.

Bingo! The clip-file-box is right there, at the original save-icon sign.

This is really strange: I'm not sure if this is an aggregator issue or something with the browser-aggregator interface with IE 6.0.

Ideally

What' I'd prefer is to simply click on the save Icon, and have the box appear and then slide the mouse into that folder.

But what's happening is that the box disappears; I get taken to the bottom of the page; and it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

I'd like to be able to click on the item without getting lost; and have the box appear right by the icon [as it does] but without having the aggregator-browser-view shoot down to the bottom of the list of RSS items.

Update

Now the box is no longer near the icon. It's at the bottom of the list of RSS feeds, totally unrelated to the content.

Now there are two problems:

1. The box isn't located adjacent to the saved-icon

2. When I click on the icon, I get taken to the bottom of the list of RSS feeds, but the while-clip-box-with-files-of-clipped-content is not located either at the bottom [where I got taken] or at the orignal RSS-feed item; it's now in a middle location floating around.

To be clear, once I find the box, and slide my mouse to the desired file, I can place the item. But it's not clear that 'something else" isn't happening or getting in the way of linking the clipped item and placeing that content in the folder I select.

It might work, but with all this jumping around, I'm not sure annd will have to double check. I liked the old way [box right by icon without the skipping] because I was reasonably sure that the clipped file was still connected to my mouse-placement, and it was going int the file.

Now, I'm not sure.


-- This is the end of the content --
Greg,

I'm getting something strange with the Newsgator Online Clip file.

Normally, when I click on the save-icon, the clip-index appears just fine; I can toggle down and throw the item into the folder without any problem.

But something strange is happening.

Now, when I click on the save-icon, my browser shoots down to the bottom of the page inside Newsgator.

In order to see "the box of the clip files" [that I want to toggle to to place the item in the folder], I have to then scroll up to the original RSS feed-item.

Bingo! The clip-file-box is right there, at the original save-icon sign.

This is really strange: I'm not sure if this is an aggregator issue or something with the browser-aggregator interface with IE 6.0.

Ideally

What' I'd prefer is to simply click on the save Icon, and have the box appear and then slide the mouse into that folder.

But what's happening is that the box disappears; I get taken to the bottom of the page; and it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

I'd like to be able to click on the item without getting lost; and have the box appear right by the icon [as it does] but without having the aggregator-browser-view shoot down to the bottom of the list of RSS items.

Update

Now the box is no longer near the icon. It's at the bottom of the list of RSS feeds, totally unrelated to the content.

Now there are two problems:

1. The box isn't located adjacent to the saved-icon

2. When I click on the icon, I get taken to the bottom of the list of RSS feeds, but the while-clip-box-with-files-of-clipped-content is not located either at the bottom [where I got taken] or at the orignal RSS-feed item; it's now in a middle location floating around.

To be clear, once I find the box, and slide my mouse to the desired file, I can place the item. But it's not clear that 'something else" isn't happening or getting in the way of linking the clipped item and placeing that content in the folder I select.

It might work, but with all this jumping around, I'm not sure annd will have to double check. I liked the old way [box right by icon without the skipping] because I was reasonably sure that the clipped file was still connected to my mouse-placement, and it was going int the file.

Now, I'm not sure.


-- This is the end of the content --
" />