25 June 2005

Research aggregator

One thing I've noticed about aggregators is that they're just lists of bookmarks and content.

What I'm really looking for is something that integrates a research-plan, a scheduler, and a place to store research results.

What I'm really looking for is a multiple row device that has on each row the task, objective, or question that I'm working on; and then to the right a place to show a project schedule for that particular research plan.

What I'd like to be able to do is create a PERT chart for my research tasks; a place to provide answers; a place to think/blog my thoughts on research questions that could be best answered with a URI-search; and then a place in that row to do a screen-preview of the various content and research responses to that research question.

Essentially what I want to be able to do in each row is have a place that identifies the objective and question of that task; and organizes the information in that particular research topic into groups that are linked with the aggregator.

Big picture-wise, what I want is a single snapshot of all my research-web searches that I'm engaged in. And I want to be able to quickly look across a horizontal bar [time=based] to see what tasks I could be working on and researching to make progress on many research areas at the same time.

At a given point in time, I want to be able to know what tasks I need to work on [because they are behind the horizontal bar], and what tasks are upcoming [that I could work on to get ahead].

That way, I can see if I'm keeping on schedule, or adjust my focus to put more effort into finding links-URI's in the areas where I'm not making progress. I can use the tool to see what additional prospective searches I need to concentrate developing, or adjusting my research approach to answer the question.

Even though I'm working on many different projects, I'd like to be able to jump back and forth between projects on a given day, and make incremental steps along each row.

I want to be able to see the research plan and schedule and show the steps and tasks to accomplish my research objectives.

-- This is the end of the content --
One thing I've noticed about aggregators is that they're just lists of bookmarks and content.

What I'm really looking for is something that integrates a research-plan, a scheduler, and a place to store research results.

What I'm really looking for is a multiple row device that has on each row the task, objective, or question that I'm working on; and then to the right a place to show a project schedule for that particular research plan.

What I'd like to be able to do is create a PERT chart for my research tasks; a place to provide answers; a place to think/blog my thoughts on research questions that could be best answered with a URI-search; and then a place in that row to do a screen-preview of the various content and research responses to that research question.

Essentially what I want to be able to do in each row is have a place that identifies the objective and question of that task; and organizes the information in that particular research topic into groups that are linked with the aggregator.

Big picture-wise, what I want is a single snapshot of all my research-web searches that I'm engaged in. And I want to be able to quickly look across a horizontal bar [time=based] to see what tasks I could be working on and researching to make progress on many research areas at the same time.

At a given point in time, I want to be able to know what tasks I need to work on [because they are behind the horizontal bar], and what tasks are upcoming [that I could work on to get ahead].

That way, I can see if I'm keeping on schedule, or adjust my focus to put more effort into finding links-URI's in the areas where I'm not making progress. I can use the tool to see what additional prospective searches I need to concentrate developing, or adjusting my research approach to answer the question.

Even though I'm working on many different projects, I'd like to be able to jump back and forth between projects on a given day, and make incremental steps along each row.

I want to be able to see the research plan and schedule and show the steps and tasks to accomplish my research objectives.

-- This is the end of the content --
" />