14 June 2005

Viewing RSS Feeds in Browsers

I wish . . .

When I found a feed, that I could put the URI in my browser, and the browser would automatically give me a browser-friendly version of the feed.

I don't like to have to load up a feed-URI to my aggregator just to skim over the feed to "see if I like it".

Sometimes, I come across a feed that "I don't care about" . . .but there's something in there that I want to skim over quickly . . . not because I want to be a subscriber, but I'm trying to get a flavor of the content or the types of information coming from that source.

A browser-feed integration tool would help make the information easier to skim over and read.

It would be nice to simply click on an XML-orange button in the browser to look at the feed in a readable format.


-- This is the end of the content --
I wish . . .

When I found a feed, that I could put the URI in my browser, and the browser would automatically give me a browser-friendly version of the feed.

I don't like to have to load up a feed-URI to my aggregator just to skim over the feed to "see if I like it".

Sometimes, I come across a feed that "I don't care about" . . .but there's something in there that I want to skim over quickly . . . not because I want to be a subscriber, but I'm trying to get a flavor of the content or the types of information coming from that source.

A browser-feed integration tool would help make the information easier to skim over and read.

It would be nice to simply click on an XML-orange button in the browser to look at the feed in a readable format.


-- This is the end of the content --
" />