08 July 2005

Reader-defined custom feed

As a publisher I can define the parameters of my feed.

But as a reader, I don't have that option. I have to take the feed as it is.

However, I would prefer to be able to tweak an incoming feed.

I want to be able to highlight the incoming information in a way that I like it.

I want to prioritize the elements in the feed.

I want to be able to highlight certain elements in an incoming feed: Key terms; unusual terms; and have certain terms stand out.

I would like to be able to block non-priority information an individual news item and make the most important information stand alone.

I would like to be able to index incoming feeds into pre-defined groups.

I want to be able to associate content with other incoming information.

I would like to be able to move each incoming news-item into a new pattern and associate it with new information, my ideas, or other contexts. I would like to have the incoming feed more fluid in that I can move it around and have the aggregator do this for me.

I would like the incoming feeds to be aggregated into a single image like NetNewsWire does: I would like to see a larger single-image approach to my feeds

-- This is the end of the content --
As a publisher I can define the parameters of my feed.

But as a reader, I don't have that option. I have to take the feed as it is.

However, I would prefer to be able to tweak an incoming feed.

I want to be able to highlight the incoming information in a way that I like it.

I want to prioritize the elements in the feed.

I want to be able to highlight certain elements in an incoming feed: Key terms; unusual terms; and have certain terms stand out.

I would like to be able to block non-priority information an individual news item and make the most important information stand alone.

I would like to be able to index incoming feeds into pre-defined groups.

I want to be able to associate content with other incoming information.

I would like to be able to move each incoming news-item into a new pattern and associate it with new information, my ideas, or other contexts. I would like to have the incoming feed more fluid in that I can move it around and have the aggregator do this for me.

I would like the incoming feeds to be aggregated into a single image like NetNewsWire does: I would like to see a larger single-image approach to my feeds

-- This is the end of the content --
" />