08 July 2005

RSS Emergency Button

The London Bombings made me notice how difficult it can be to quickly get helpful information.

Specifically, when you're in a smoky carriage the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around for directions on how to escape.

Rather, it would be nice if there was a single button we could push: EM.

That would connect me to the localized-emergency-information.

My cell/wireless using GPS would figure out which localized emergency was where I was, and instantly connect me to all the relevant information:

  • What to do if stuck in a smoky carriage

  • Directions where to travel

  • Warnings whether the third rail was or was not energized

  • Escape and safety tunnels in the tube

  • Estimated time for safety and rescue personnel to arrive at my location

    Also, I'd like to be able to have instant-access with this EM-button the option to connect to others in the same situation; set up an umbrella-wifi whereby we could talk back and forth.

    Whether this is something RSS does or Winksite does is irrelevant. What is known is that this type of functionality could be also used at sporting events or other public venues where similar people in a single location could quickly connect with the touch of the button.

    There are tag groups; but I'd prefer more of a single-button access to the centralized system and a quick way to connect in real time to the important information and the others in the same situation.

    If I'm in a situation like that and it is my last moments on earth, the last thing I want to find out is that the others on the side of the window got out simply because they had a better wireless.

    Here's what I'm looking for

    I want access to analogies and other similar situations. I want to get quickly connected to similar situations so that I can adapt the lessons learned from another situation to this new situation.

    If I have smoke in the carriage, I want to be advised where the smoke is coming from, what type of smoke it is, the likely chemicals, and what I need to do: Do I simply cover my mouth; are these toxic; do I need to break the window to get away from this smoke; or am I just find as I am.

    I want a diagram of the tunnel I'm stuck in.

    I want to know whether it is advisable to break the window or leave it close.

    I want to be connected to local informatin with one single EM-button.

    I want to make sure that if I'm in the emergency, I have priority.

    I want to get acces to informatin related to this specific event.

    I want to get advisories on what to do.

    -- This is the end of the content --
  • The London Bombings made me notice how difficult it can be to quickly get helpful information.

    Specifically, when you're in a smoky carriage the last thing you want to be doing is fumbling around for directions on how to escape.

    Rather, it would be nice if there was a single button we could push: EM.

    That would connect me to the localized-emergency-information.

    My cell/wireless using GPS would figure out which localized emergency was where I was, and instantly connect me to all the relevant information:

  • What to do if stuck in a smoky carriage

  • Directions where to travel

  • Warnings whether the third rail was or was not energized

  • Escape and safety tunnels in the tube

  • Estimated time for safety and rescue personnel to arrive at my location

    Also, I'd like to be able to have instant-access with this EM-button the option to connect to others in the same situation; set up an umbrella-wifi whereby we could talk back and forth.

    Whether this is something RSS does or Winksite does is irrelevant. What is known is that this type of functionality could be also used at sporting events or other public venues where similar people in a single location could quickly connect with the touch of the button.

    There are tag groups; but I'd prefer more of a single-button access to the centralized system and a quick way to connect in real time to the important information and the others in the same situation.

    If I'm in a situation like that and it is my last moments on earth, the last thing I want to find out is that the others on the side of the window got out simply because they had a better wireless.

    Here's what I'm looking for

    I want access to analogies and other similar situations. I want to get quickly connected to similar situations so that I can adapt the lessons learned from another situation to this new situation.

    If I have smoke in the carriage, I want to be advised where the smoke is coming from, what type of smoke it is, the likely chemicals, and what I need to do: Do I simply cover my mouth; are these toxic; do I need to break the window to get away from this smoke; or am I just find as I am.

    I want a diagram of the tunnel I'm stuck in.

    I want to know whether it is advisable to break the window or leave it close.

    I want to be connected to local informatin with one single EM-button.

    I want to make sure that if I'm in the emergency, I have priority.

    I want to get acces to informatin related to this specific event.

    I want to get advisories on what to do.

    -- This is the end of the content --
    " />