25 September 2006

Fantasy Aggregator, XML Tools

If I had all the money in the world, this is the kind of aggregator I'd make:

If I make a comment in an aggregator, it self-reports to the original blog.

I would combine these features: When I add a feed, I would automatically include in that "add feed" space an option to create a new folder. I would not have a "folder creation"-tool in one place; and the "add URI" in another.

If I was able to edit the URI, I'd be able to edit both the name of the search name, and the URI Code; then when I changed the code in the editor, I'd have a self-check feature that would report a sample search to let me know whether my URI-changes were or were not correct.

I'd have a URI-creator inside the aggregator.

I'd have a time based hold on some feeds: If there was a holiday, or I didn't want to look at a feed for a while, I'd put it on sleep mode saying, "Don't show me results until after X-date."


-- This is the end of the content --
If I had all the money in the world, this is the kind of aggregator I'd make:

If I make a comment in an aggregator, it self-reports to the original blog.

I would combine these features: When I add a feed, I would automatically include in that "add feed" space an option to create a new folder. I would not have a "folder creation"-tool in one place; and the "add URI" in another.

If I was able to edit the URI, I'd be able to edit both the name of the search name, and the URI Code; then when I changed the code in the editor, I'd have a self-check feature that would report a sample search to let me know whether my URI-changes were or were not correct.

I'd have a URI-creator inside the aggregator.

I'd have a time based hold on some feeds: If there was a holiday, or I didn't want to look at a feed for a while, I'd put it on sleep mode saying, "Don't show me results until after X-date."


-- This is the end of the content --
" />