25 September 2006

Fast Saving, Access To XML Data Content

Have you found a search result, then had to spend time downloading a file, then lost track of what you were looking at?

I do that all the time. I'll be in the middle of downloading a file, and forget a key term and have to backtrack.

Here's an idea. If there was a way to auto-load the files at the URL to the file save location, which would be nice.

Rather than have to wait, and all other applications get stuck, it would be nice if the search engine could automatically do things for me, and auto-send files and URLs.

This is a little different than simply selecting a URI and saving it. This is letting the search engine auto-save the URI content, and then displaying it where I want it, either on the screen, in my aggregator, or combined with another channel in the same feed.

What I want is something that will work with the search engine, auto-load a file URL to:

A. a file save location.

B. To file save on Yahoo or Briefcase

C. To a RUI creator in aggregator; or

D. To a link.

I'm looking for a method to seamlessly integrate the search engine with the file-save tools that works with XML files, video, and audio files. I don't want to have to manually click through each step, nor do I want to have to interrupt my searching. My goal is to quickly extract interesting/related data, save it quickly, continue my search, and save the data in files that are useful, and I can later access and recombine as I choose.

Here are the steps:

1. Conduct search engine search

2. Select URI/file

3. Auto save file content by extracting the content at the URI


-- This is the end of the content --
Have you found a search result, then had to spend time downloading a file, then lost track of what you were looking at?

I do that all the time. I'll be in the middle of downloading a file, and forget a key term and have to backtrack.

Here's an idea. If there was a way to auto-load the files at the URL to the file save location, which would be nice.

Rather than have to wait, and all other applications get stuck, it would be nice if the search engine could automatically do things for me, and auto-send files and URLs.

This is a little different than simply selecting a URI and saving it. This is letting the search engine auto-save the URI content, and then displaying it where I want it, either on the screen, in my aggregator, or combined with another channel in the same feed.

What I want is something that will work with the search engine, auto-load a file URL to:

A. a file save location.

B. To file save on Yahoo or Briefcase

C. To a RUI creator in aggregator; or

D. To a link.

I'm looking for a method to seamlessly integrate the search engine with the file-save tools that works with XML files, video, and audio files. I don't want to have to manually click through each step, nor do I want to have to interrupt my searching. My goal is to quickly extract interesting/related data, save it quickly, continue my search, and save the data in files that are useful, and I can later access and recombine as I choose.

Here are the steps:

1. Conduct search engine search

2. Select URI/file

3. Auto save file content by extracting the content at the URI


-- This is the end of the content --
" />