25 September 2006

Site Stats XML Feed

Site data can be interesting to look at. There are times when I'd like to format the data the way I'd like it, or quickly export it. Sure, I can save it as an .xls file. Why not make my stat counter something that targets specific types of customers.

Maybe I'm tracking a specific page, and I want to see if there's a specific link someone is or is not hitting. What I'd really like to know is whether the order of the content is working, and the layout is something the reader is noticing. What's the use of posting if the key link isn’t' getting hit. Do I need a better stats package? Maybe. Or maybe I need a way to extract my raw data, and inject it into a tool that I've created. Maybe it's proprietary.

What's needed is a way to commonly transfer stats data from the stat platform, and integrate that stat data with the aggregator, search tool, and URI generate. Here's what I’d like to be able to do: Turn the stat-data into search URIs. That way the stat counter will:

- Integrate with XML dashboards and create multiple-URIs from a specific stat-output, or search operation; and

- Convert the searches from incoming URLs to URIs with an auto-load to the aggregator.



-- This is the end of the content --
Site data can be interesting to look at. There are times when I'd like to format the data the way I'd like it, or quickly export it. Sure, I can save it as an .xls file. Why not make my stat counter something that targets specific types of customers.

Maybe I'm tracking a specific page, and I want to see if there's a specific link someone is or is not hitting. What I'd really like to know is whether the order of the content is working, and the layout is something the reader is noticing. What's the use of posting if the key link isn’t' getting hit. Do I need a better stats package? Maybe. Or maybe I need a way to extract my raw data, and inject it into a tool that I've created. Maybe it's proprietary.

What's needed is a way to commonly transfer stats data from the stat platform, and integrate that stat data with the aggregator, search tool, and URI generate. Here's what I’d like to be able to do: Turn the stat-data into search URIs. That way the stat counter will:

- Integrate with XML dashboards and create multiple-URIs from a specific stat-output, or search operation; and

- Convert the searches from incoming URLs to URIs with an auto-load to the aggregator.



-- This is the end of the content --
" />